Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Algebra I

Algebra I is a very important class for a Freshman, since you need to learn different formulas and equation forms for future classes like Geometry and Calculus. My teacher for Algebra I is Mr. Santagelo, who is good Math teacher and also he has an assistant teacher Ms Simpson. He also has a his own link in the school website which is here. What I expected when I started his class was that we were going to learn a lot about fractions and equation formulas. All I expected is going to be what we're going to learn about during the year. We have already taken a test for our Summer Assingment and we have been working on translating Algebraic expressions from words. Translating them means that we get an expression in the form of words.
His grading policy is much more different than other teacher's as he has different percentages for the class :

  • 40%  Formal Assesments
  • 25%  Quizzes 
  • 15%  Informal Assesments
  • 5%   Homework.
One of the aspects I like about his class is that he doesn't joke that much around and wants his students to actually learn something from his class. Other aspects is that he doesn't give as much homework as you need to and won't teach ahead of students as much, who have missed a lesson the day before. The Technology we use in his class are the TI 84 calculator and a Chromebook to make it easier to learn and do Algebra I. Learning Algebra is one of te first steps into learning math, it is also used to defining algorithms and turning them into running programs.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sergio! This is Alexa; I had Algebra I freshman year and wasn't that great at it but, Mr. Santangelo was a great teacher. Your article was very well written, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. Santangelo is a slow teacher, but a great on too. I was in the same class as you until I had o switch out because I want a faster teacher.

    ReplyDelete